OCCUPANCY PERMIT INSTRUCTIONS
CITY OF BATON ROUGE & PARISH OF EAST BATON ROUGE
The Department of Public Works (DPW) of the city of Baton Rouge and Parish of East Baton Rouge require an occupancy permit to be issued to an owner or tenant prior to the building/suite being occupied. The occupancy permit approval process must be completely approved prior to Entergy or DEMCO being authorized by DPW to activate the utilities to the building or suite.
The following steps are involved with the DPW's issuance of the occupancy permit:
1) Department of Public Works (DPW) issues the permit and filing for the permit occurs at the corner of Florida Boulevard and North 10th Street which is the first building to the east of I-10 at Florida Boulevard. Address of 300 North 10th Street, telephone number (225) 389-3226. The DPW office hours are 7:30 AM - 3:45 PM, Monday through Friday.
2) The fee to apply for the occupancy permit is $65.00 (inside the city limits) or $40 (outside the city limits). DPW will accept cash and approved credit cards, but not checks.
3) Water needs to be ACTIVE at the time of inspection(s).
4) The following questions are required on the forms/application
- Type of Business
- The square footage to be occupied
- Complete address of area to be occupied, suite number or letter if applicable
- Property Owner's name
- Business Owner's name and Business Name
5) DPW, upon filing and payment, will issue an inspection card that must be posted on the property to be inspected, typically on the entry door. The front door must be unlocked from 7:00 AM through approximately 4:00 PM on the inspection date.
6) The area to be inspected must have current/updated fire extinguishers (within 12 months) of the proper type for the building/suite usage.
7) If you file your inspection prior to 3:30 PM the property/suite can be inspected the next business day or you may choose a later date if preferred.
ACTIVATION OF ELECTRICITY AND GAS (if applicable)
Simultaneous application with either ENTERGY (1-800-368-3749) or DEMCO/Dixie Electric (225-261-1221 or 1-800-262-0221; 8:00 AM - 4:00 PM, Monday through Friday), whichever is applicable (look at the meter connection to determine which utility company) to initiate the credit application for service. The typical deposit is twice the average monthly consumption as determined either by the previous occupants or by SF estimation. If you have current service with the utility provider, negotiate your deposit.